Sub-TeV quintuplet minimal dark matter with left-right symmetry
- 43 Downloads
A detailed study of a fermionic quintuplet dark matter in a left-right symmetric scenario is performed in this article. The minimal quintuplet dark matter model is highly constrained from the WMAP dark matter relic density (RD) data. To elevate this constraint, an extra singlet scalar is introduced. It introduces a host of new annihilation and co-annihilation channels for the dark matter, allowing even sub-TeV masses. The phenomenology of this singlet scalar is studied in detail in the context of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiment. The production and decay of this singlet scalar at the LHC give rise to interesting resonant di-Higgs or diphoton final states. We also constrain the RD allowed parameter space of this model in light of the ATLAS bounds on the resonant di-Higgs and diphoton cross-sections.
KeywordsBeyond Standard Model Higgs Physics
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- O. Sawada and A. Sugamoto eds., Proceedings: workshop on the unified theories and the baryon number in the universe, Natl. Lab. High Energy Phys., Tsukuba Japan, (1979) [INSPIRE].
- M. Levy, J.L. Basdevant, D. Speiser, J. Weyers, R. Gastmans and M. Jacob eds., Quarks and leptons. Proceedings, summer institute, Cargese France, 9–29 July 1979, NATO Sci. Ser. B 61 (1980) 1 [INSPIRE].
- P. Van Nieuwenhuizen and D.Z. Freedman eds., Supergravity. proceedings, workshop at Stony Brook, 27–29 September 1979, North-Holland, Amsterdam Netherlands, (1979) [INSPIRE].
- G. Ecker, W. Grimus and H. Neufeld, Higgs induced flavor changing neutral interactions in SU(2)L × SU(2)R × U(1), Phys. Lett. B 127 (1983) 365 [Erratum ibid. B 132 (1983) 467] [INSPIRE].
- LUX collaboration, M.C. Carmona-Benitez et al., First results of the LUX dark matter experiment, Nucl. Part. Phys. Proc. 273-275 (2016) 309 [INSPIRE].