Measurement of J/ψ photoproduction at large momentum transfer at HERA
- 303 Downloads
The proton-dissociative diffractive photoproduction of J/ψ mesons has been studied in ep collisions with the ZEUS detector at HERA using an integrated luminosity of 112 pb−1. The cross section is presented as a function of the photon-proton centre-of-mass energy and of the squared four-momentum transfer at the proton vertex. The results are compared to perturbative QCD calculations.
- P.D.B. Collins, An Introduction to Regge Theory and High Energy Physics. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge U.K. (1977).Google Scholar
- H. Abramowicz, L. Frankfurt and M. Strikman, Interplay of hard and soft physics in small x deep inelastic processes, Surveys High Energy Phys. 11 (1997) 51.Google Scholar
- ZEUS collaboration, U. Holm, The ZEUS Detector, Status Report (unpublished), DESY (1993), available on http://www-zeus.desy.de/bluebook/bluebook.html.
- W.H. Smith, K. Tokushuku and L.W. Wiggers, Proceedings of Computing in High-Energy Physics (CHEP), Annecy France, September 1992, C. Verkerk and W. Wojcik eds., CERN, Geneva, Switzerland (1992), pg. 222, also in preprint DESY 92-150B.Google Scholar
- R. Brun et al., GEANT 3.13, 1987 CERN DD/EE/84-1.Google Scholar
- M. Kasprzak, Inclusive properties of diffractive and nondiffractive photoproduction at HERA, Ph.D. Thesis, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland (1996), Report DESY F35D-96-16.Google Scholar
- L. Adamczyk, Vector Meson Photoproduction at Large Momentum Transfer at HERA, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Mining and Metallurgy, Cracow, Poland (1999), Report DESY-THESIS-1999-045.Google Scholar
- M. Turcato, Open beauty photoproduction at HERA, Ph.D. Thesis, Univeersity of Padova, Padova, Italy (2002), Report DESY-THESIS-2003-039.Google Scholar
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.