From spinning conformal blocks to matrix Calogero-Sutherland models
- 60 Downloads
In this paper we develop further the relation between conformal four-point blocks involving external spinning fields and Calogero-Sutherland quantum mechanics with matrix-valued potentials. To this end, the analysis of  is extended to arbitrary dimensions and to the case of boundary two-point functions. In particular, we construct the potential for any set of external tensor fields. Some of the resulting Schrödinger equations are mapped explicitly to the known Casimir equations for 4-dimensional seed conformal blocks. Our approach furnishes solutions of Casimir equations for external fields of arbitrary spin and dimension in terms of functions on the conformal group. This allows us to reinterpret standard operations on conformal blocks in terms of group-theoretic objects. In particular, we shall discuss the relation between the construction of spinning blocks in any dimension through differential operators acting on seed blocks and the action of left/right invariant vector fields on the conformal group.
KeywordsConformal and W Symmetry Conformal Field Theory Differential and Algebraic Geometry Field Theories in Higher Dimensions
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- O.E.M. Heckman and E.M. Opdam, Root systems and hypergeometric functions. I, Compos. Math. 64 (1987) 329.Google Scholar
- G. Heckman and H. Schlicktkrull, Harmonic Analysis and Special Functions on Symmetric Spaces, Elsevier (1995).Google Scholar
- E.M. Opdam, Part I: Lectures on Dunkl Operators, in Lecture Notes on Dunkl Operators for Real and Complex Reflection Groups, The Mathematical Society of Japan, Tokyo, Japan (2000), pp. 2-62.Google Scholar
- I. Cherednik, Double Affine Hecke Algebras, Cambridge University Press (2005).Google Scholar
- P. Etingof and A. Kirillov, On a unified representatiuon theoretical approach to special functions, Funk. Anal. Prilozh. 28 (1994) 91.Google Scholar
- M. Isachenkov and V. Schomerus, Integrablity of Conformal Blocks II: Algebraic Structures, work in progress.Google Scholar
- V. Schomerus, Harmony of Defects, talk given at Boundary and Defect Conformal Field Theory: Open Problems and Applications, Chicheley Hall, September 2017.Google Scholar