Tower of subleading dual BMS charges
- 44 Downloads
We supplement the recently found dual gravitational charges with dual charges for the whole BMS symmetry algebra. Furthermore, we extend the dual charges away from null infinity, defining subleading dual charges. These subleading dual charges complement the subleading BMS charges in the literature and together account for all the Newman-Penrose charges.
KeywordsClassical Theories of Gravity Space-Time Symmetries
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- T. Damour, Analytical calculations of gravitational radiation, in Proceedings of the Fourth Marcel Grossmann Meeting on General Relativity, Part A, R. Ruffini ed., Elsevier Science Ltd (1985), pp. 365-392.Google Scholar
- D. Christodoulou, The global initial value problem in general relativity, in The 9th Marcel Grossmann meeting, V.G. Gurzadyan, R.T. Jantzen, and R. Ruffini, eds., World Scientific (2002), pp. 44-54 [ https://doi.org/10.1142/9789812777386_0004].
- E.T. Newman and R. Penrose, New conservation laws for zero rest-mass fields in asymptotically flat space-time, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 305 (1968) 175.Google Scholar
- H. Bondi, M.G.J. van der Burg and A.W.K. Metzner, Gravitational waves in general relativity: 7. Waves from axisymmetric isolated systems, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 269 (1962) 21.Google Scholar
- R.K. Sachs, Gravitational waves in general relativity: 8. Waves in asymptotically flat space-times, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 270 (1962) 103.Google Scholar