Measurement of branching fractions of charmless four-body Λ b 0 and Ξ b 0 decays
Open AccessRegular Article - Experimental Physics
- 154 Downloads
A search for charmless four-body decays of Λ b 0 and Ξ b 0 baryons with a proton and three charged mesons (either kaons or pions) in the final state is performed. The data sample used was recorded in 2011 and 2012 with the LHCb experiment and corresponds to an integrated luminosity of 3 fb−1. Six decay modes are observed, among which Λ b 0 → pK−π+π−, Λ b 0 → pK−K+K−, Ξ b 0 → pK−π+π− and Ξ b 0 → pK−π+K− are established for the first time. Their branching fractions (including the ratio of hadronisation fractions in the case of the Ξ b 0 baryon) are determined relative to the Λ b 0 → Λ c + π− decay.
KeywordsB physics Branching fraction Hadron-Hadron scattering (experiments)
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- Particle Data Group collaboration, C. Patrignani et al., Review of particle physics, Chin. Phys. C 40 (2016) 100001 [INSPIRE].
- LHCb collaboration, The LHCb detector at the LHC, 2008 JINST 3 S08005 [INSPIRE].
- LHCb collaboration, Handling of the generation of primary events in Gauss, the LHCb simulation framework, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 331 (2011) 032047 [INSPIRE].
- Geant4 collaboration, J. Allison et al., Geant4 developments and applications, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 53 (2006) 270.Google Scholar
- Geant4 collaboration, S. Agostinelli et al., Geant4: A simulation toolkit, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 506 (2003) 250 [INSPIRE].
- LHCb collaboration, The LHCb simulation application, Gauss: Design, evolution and experience, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 331 (2011) 032023 [INSPIRE].
- L. Breiman, J.H. Friedman, R.A. Olshen and C.J. Stone, Classification and regression trees, Wadsworth international group, Belmont, California, U.S.A., (1984).Google Scholar
- T. Skwarnicki, A study of the radiative cascade transitions between the Upsilon-prime and Upsilon resonances, Ph.D. Thesis, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Krakow, Poland, (1986), [INSPIRE].
- ARGUS collaboration, H. Albrecht et al., Search for hadronic b → u decays, Phys. Lett. B 241 (1990) 278 [INSPIRE].
© The Author(s) 2018