Exact conformal blocks for the W-algebras, twist fields and isomonodromic deformations
- 166 Downloads
We consider the conformal blocks in the theories with extended conformal W-symmetry for the integer Virasoro central charges. We show that these blocks for the generalized twist fields on sphere can be computed exactly in terms of the free field theory on the covering Riemann surface, even for a non-abelian monodromy group. The generalized twist fields are identified with particular primary fields of the W-algebra, and we propose a straightforward way to compute their W-charges. We demonstrate how these exact conformal blocks can be effectively computed using the technique arisen from the gauge theory/CFT correspondence. We discuss also their direct relation with the isomonodromic tau-function for the quasipermutation monodromy data, which can be an encouraging step on the way of definition of generic conformal blocks for W-algebra using the isomonodromy/CFT correspondence.
KeywordsConformal and W Symmetry Integrable Hierarchies Integrable Equations in Physics
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- Al. Zamolodchikov, Two-dimensional conformal symmetry and critical four-spin correlation functions in the Ashkin-Teller model, J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 90 (1986) 1808.Google Scholar
- S. Apikyan and Al. Zamolodchikov, Conformal blocks related to conformally invariant Ramond states of a free scalar field, J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 92 (1987) 34 [Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 92 (1987) 34] [INSPIRE].
- D. Mumford, Tata lectures on theta (1988).Google Scholar
- J. Fay, Theta-functions on Riemann surfaces, Lecture Notes in Mathematics volume 352, Springer (1973).Google Scholar
- A. Marshakov and A. Morozov, A note on on W 3-algebra, Nucl. Phys. B 339 (1990) 79 [Sov. Phys. JETP 70 (1990) 403] [INSPIRE].
- P. Gavrylenko, N. Iorgov and O. Lisovyy, Higher rank isomonodromic deformations and W-algebras, to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Kokotov and D. Korotkin, Isomonodromic τ-function of Hurwitz Frobenius manifolds and its applications, Int. Math. Res. Not. (2006) 1 [math-ph/0310008].
- J.D. Fay, Kernel functions analytic torsion and moduli spaces, Memoirs of American Mathematical Society volume 96, American Mathematical Society, U.S.A. (1992).Google Scholar
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits use, duplication, adaptation, distribution, and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.