Electric dipole moment constraints on CP-violating light-quark Yukawas
- 9 Downloads
Nonstandard CP violation in the Higgs sector can play an essential role in electroweak baryogenesis. We calculate the full two-loop matching conditions of the standard model, with Higgs Yukawa couplings to light quarks modified to include arbitrary CPviolating phases, onto an effective Lagrangian comprising CP-odd electric and chromoelectric light-quark (up, down, and strange) dipole operators. We find large isospin-breaking contributions of the electroweak diagrams. Using these results, we obtain significant constraints on the phases of the light-quark Yukawas from experimental bounds on the neutron and mercury electric dipole moments.
KeywordsBeyond Standard Model CP violation Higgs Physics Quark Masses and SM Parameters
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- N. Yamanaka, B.K. Sahoo, N. Yoshinaga, T. Sato, K. Asahi and B.P. Das, Probing exotic phenomena at the interface of nuclear and particle physics with the electric dipole moments of diamagnetic atoms: A unique window to hadronic and semi-leptonic CP-violation, Eur. Phys. J. A 53 (2017) 54 [arXiv:1703.01570] [INSPIRE].
- S.M. Barr and A. Zee, Electric Dipole Moment of the Electron and of the Neutron, Phys. Rev. Lett. 65 (1990) 21 [Erratum ibid. 65 (1990) 2920] [INSPIRE].
- A.I. Davydychev and J.B. Tausk, Two loop selfenergy diagrams with different masses and the momentum expansion, Nucl. Phys. B 397 (1993) 123 [INSPIRE].
- M.A. Shifman, A.I. Vainshtein and V.I. Zakharov, On the Weak Radiative Decays (Effects of Strong Interactions at Short Distances), Phys. Rev. D 18 (1978) 2583 [Erratum ibid. D 19 (1979) 2815] [INSPIRE].
- Particle Data Group collaboration, Review of Particle Physics, Phys. Rev. D 98 (2018) 030001 [INSPIRE].
- J. Brod, J. Cornell, D. Skodras and E. Stamou, Global constraints on CP-violating Yukawas from electric dipole moments, to appear (2019).Google Scholar