Generalized Gibbs Ensemble of 2d CFTs at large central charge in the thermodynamic limit
- 20 Downloads
We discuss partition function of 2d CFTs decorated by higher qKdV charges in the thermodynamic limit when the size of the spatial circle goes to infinity. In this limit the saddle point approximation is exact and at infinite central charge generalized partition function can be calculated explicitly. We show that leading 1/c corrections to free energy can be reformulated as a sum over Young tableaux which we calculate for the first two qKdV charges. Next, we compare generalized ensemble with the “eigenstate ensemble” that consists of a single primary state. At infinite central charge the ensembles match at the level of expectation values of local operators for any values of qKdV fugacities. When the central charge is large but finite, for any values of the fugacities the aforementioned ensembles are distinguishable.
KeywordsConformal Field Models in String Theory Conformal Field Theory Conformal and W Symmetry Holography and condensed matter physics (AdS/CMT)
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- M. Green, J. Schwarz and E. Witten, Superstring Theory. Vol. 2: Loop Amplitudes, Anomalies And Phenomenology, Cambridge University Press (1987) [INSPIRE].
- P. Francesco, P. Mathieu and D. Sénéchal, Conformal field theory, Springer Science & Business Media (2012).Google Scholar
- E.H. Mingo, Y. Guryanova, P. Faist and D. Jennings, Quantum thermodynamics with multiple conserved quantities, arXiv:1806.08325.
- M. Rigol, V. Dunjko, V. Yurovsky and M. Olshanii, Relaxation in a completely integrable many-body quantum system: An ab initio study of the dynamics of the highly excited states of 1d lattice hard-core bosons, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98 (2007) 050405.Google Scholar
- D. Fioretto and G. Mussardo, Quantum quenches in integrable field theories, New J. Phys. 12 (2010) 055015 [INSPIRE].
- J.L. Cardy, Operator Content of Two-Dimensional Conformally Invariant Theories, Nucl. Phys. B 270 (1986) 186 [INSPIRE].
- A.S. Losev, A.V. Marshakov and N.A. Nekrasov, Small instantons, little strings and free fermions, in From Fields to Strings: Circumnavigating Theoretical Physics: Ian Kogan Memorial Collection, in 3 volumes, pp. 581-621, World Scientific (2005).Google Scholar
- J.M. Deutsch, Quantum statistical mechanics in a closed system, Phys. Rev. A 43 (1991) 2046.Google Scholar
- M. Srednicki, Chaos and quantum thermalization, Phys. Rev. E 50 (1994) 888.Google Scholar
- C. Murthy and M. Srednicki, On relaxation to gaussian and generalized gibbs states in systems of particles with quadratic hamiltonians, arXiv:1809.03681.