Magnetotransport of Weyl semimetals with ℤ2 topological charge and chiral anomaly
We calculate the magnetoconductivity of the Weyl semimetal with ℤ2 topological charge and chiral anomaly utilizing the recently developed hydrodynamic theory. The system in question will be influenced by magnetic fields connected with ordinary Maxwell and the second U(1)-gauge field, which couples to the anomalous topological charge. The presence of chiral anomaly and ℤ2 topological charge endow the system with new transport coefficients. We start with the linear perturbations of the hydrodynamic equations and calculate the magnetoconductivity of this system. The holographic approach in the probe limit is implemented to obtain the explicit dependence of the longitudinal magneto-conductivities on the magnetic fields.
KeywordsAdS-CFT Correspondence Holography and condensed matter physics (AdS/CMT)
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- P.J.W. Moll, P. Kushwaha, N. Nandi, B. Schmidt and A.P. Mackenzie, Evidence for hydrodynamic electron flow in PdCoO 2, Science 351 (2016) 1061.Google Scholar
- B. Bradlyn et al., Beyond Dirac and Weyl fermions: Unconventional quasiparticles in conventional crystals, Science 353 (2016) 5037.Google Scholar
- H. Kim et al., Beyond triplet: Unconventional superconductivity in a spin-3/2 topological semimetal, Sci. Adv. 4 (2018) eaao04513 [arXiv:1603.03375].
- J.S. Bell and R. Jackiw, A PCAC puzzle: π 0 → γγ in the σ-model, Nuovo Cim. A 60 (1969) 47 [INSPIRE].
- H.B. Nielsen and M. Ninomiya, Adler-Bell-Jackiw anomaly and Weyl fermions in crystal, Phys. Lett. B 130 (1983) 389 [INSPIRE].
- B.J. Yang, T. Morimoto and A. Furusaki, Topological charges of three-dimensional Dirac semimetals with rotation symmetry, Phys. Rev. B 92 (2015) 165120.Google Scholar
- C. Fang, Y. Chen, H.Y. Kee and L. Fu, Topological nodal line semimetals with and without spin-orbital coupling, Phys. Rev. B 92 (2015) 081201(R).Google Scholar
- A.A. Burkov and Y.B. Kim, ℤ2 and Chiral Anomalies in Topological Dirac Semimetals, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117 (2016) 136602.Google Scholar
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, Fluid Mechanics, Pergamon, New York U.S.A. (1959).Google Scholar
- M. Neupane et al., Observation of a three-dimensional topological Dirac semimetal phase in high-mobility Cd 3 As 2, Nat. Commun. 5 (2014) 3786.Google Scholar
- M. Neupane et al., Observation of topological nodal fermion semimetal phase in ZrSiS, Phys. Rev. B 93 (2016) 201104 [arXiv:1604.00720].