Unbalanced Stückelberg holographic superconductors with backreaction
- 25 Downloads
We numerically investigate some properties of unbalanced Stückelberg holographic superconductors, by considering backreaction effects of fields on the background geometry. More precisely, we study the impacts of the chemical potential mismatch and Stückelberg mechanism on the condensation and conductivity types (electrical, spin, mixed, thermo-electric, thermo-spin and thermal conductivity). Our results show that the Stückelberg’s model parameters Cα and α not only have significant impacts on the phase transition, but also affect the conductivity pseudo-gap and the strength of conductivity fluctuations. Moreover, the effects of these parameters on a system will be gradually reduced as the imbalance grows. We also find that the influence of α on the amplitude of conductivity fluctuations depends on the magnitude of the both Cα and δμ/μ in the electric and thermal conductivity cases. This results in that increasing α can damp the conductivity fluctuations of an unbalanced system in contrast to balanced ones.
KeywordsHolography and condensed matter physics (AdS/CMT) AdS-CFT Correspondence Black Holes Gauge-gravity correspondence
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- J. Bardeen, L.N. Cooper and J.R. Schrieffer, Theory of superconductivity, Phys. Rev. 108 (1957) 1175 [INSPIRE].
- K.K. Gomes, A.N. Pasupathy, A. Pushp, S. Ono, Y. Ando and A. Yazdani, isualizing pair formation on the atomic scale in the high-T c superconductor Bi 2 Sr 2 CaCu 2 O 8+δ , Nature 447 (2007) 569 [arXiv:0706.0214].
- N.F. Mott and R.H. Fowler, The electrical Conductivity of Transition Metals, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 153 (1936) 699.Google Scholar
- N.F. Mott, The Resistance and Thermoelectric Properties of the Transition Metals, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 156 (1936) 368.Google Scholar
- A.I. larkin and Y.N. Ovchinnikov, Nonuniform state of superconductors, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 47 (1964) 1136 [INSPIRE].
- B. Rosenstein, H.-L. Yu and A. Kovner, Critical exponents of new universality classes, Phys. Lett. B 314 (1993) 381 [INSPIRE].
- M. Johnson and R.H. Silsbee, Thermodynamic analysis of interfacial transport and of the thermomagnetoelectric system, Phys. Rev. B 35 (1987) 4959.Google Scholar
- A.M. Clogston, Upper Limit for the Critical Field in Hard Superconductors, Phys. Rev. Lett. 9 (1962) 266 [INSPIRE].