Future Challenges to Health and Public Health Services in Canada
- 1.Last JM. The future of health and public health. Japanese J Public Health 1991;38:10,58-93.Google Scholar
- 2.Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: Climate Change 2007: Synthesis Report of the Fourth Assessment Report. Geneva, 2008. Available at: https://doi.org/www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/publications_ipcc_fourth_assess-ment_report_synthesis_report.htm (Accessed December 3, 2009).
- 2a.For details of impacts on Canada, see Seguin J (Ed.), Human Health in a Changing Climate: A Canadian Assessment of Vulnerabilities and Adaptive Capacity. Ottawa: Minister of Health, 2008. This report was commissioned by the Chrétien government; its release was delayed for some months by the Harper government, and it was eventually made public late on the Friday evening of a holiday weekend.Google Scholar
- 2b.For a concise and comprehensive account of how to tackle the climate change crisis, see Lancet and University College London Institute for the Global Health Commission: Managing the health effects of climate change. Lancet 2009;373:1693-733.Google Scholar
- 3.McMichael AJ, Campbell-Lendrum DH, Corvalan CF, Ebi KL, Githeko A, Scheraga JD, Woodward A (Eds). Climate Change and Human Health; Risks and Responses. Geneva: WHO, WMO, UNEP, 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.For statistics on refugees and internally displaced persons, see https://doi.org/www.unhcr.org (Accessed December 3, 2009).
- 5.Dyer G. Climate Wars. Toronto, ON: Random House Canada, 2008.Google Scholar
© The Canadian Public Health Association 2010