A Shared Vision for Public Health: Then and Now
History of Public Health
- 1 Downloads
Key wordsHistory of public health equity determinants of health evidence
- 4.Public Health Agency of Canada. The Chief Public Health Officer’s Report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2008: Addressing Health Inequalities. Available at: www.184.108.40.206/publicat/2008/cphorsphc-respcacsp/pdf/CPHO-Report-e.pdf (Accessed April 14, 2010).Google Scholar
- 5.Commission on the Social Determinants of Health. Closing the gap in a generation: Health equity through action on the social determinants of health. Final Report of the Commission on Social Determinants of Health. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2008. Available at: https://doi.org/www.who.int/social_determinants/thecommission/finalreport/en/index.html (Accessed April 14, 2010).Google Scholar
- 6.Population Health Promotion Expert Group of the Pan-Canadian Public Health Network. Summary of the Senate Sub-Committee on Population Health — Final Report; A Healthy, Productive Canada: A Determinant of Health Approach. 2009. Available at: https://doi.org/www.phn-rsp.ca/pubs/ssphfr-rfsc-ssp/pdf/ssphfr-rfscssp-2009-10-eng.pdf (Accessed April 14, 2010).
- 8.Bryce PH. Report on the Indian Schools of Manitoba and the North West Territories. Ottawa, ON: Government Printing Bureau, 1907.Google Scholar
- 10.Pan-Canadian Public Health Network, Surveillance and Information Expert Group. Available at: https://doi.org/www.phn-rsp.ca/Groups_e.html (Accessed April 14, 2010).
- 11.First Nations Centre. Health information, research and planning: An information resource for First Nations health planners. Ottawa, ON: National Aboriginal Health Organization, 2009. Available at: https://doi.org/www.naho.ca/firstnations/english/documents/HealthInformationResearchandPlanning.pdf (Accessed April 14, 2010).Google Scholar
- 14.Wallack L. Framing is more than a message. Presented at the Public Health Association of British Columbia Conference and Annual General Meeting “Action Towards Reducing Health Inequities”. Vancouver, BC, November 23–24, 2009. Available at: https://doi.org/www.phabc.org/modules.php?name=Presentations&pa=showpage&pid=155&NSNST_Flood=yklsdntvfvhrijx (Accessed April 14, 2010).Google Scholar
© The Canadian Public Health Association 2010