Public Health in Canada: What are the Real Issues?
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Schabas R. Public health on the ropes [Editorial]. CMAJ 2002;166:1245.Google Scholar
- 4.Federal, Provincial and Territorial Advisory Committee on Population Health. Survey of Public Health Capacity in Canada: Highlights. Ottawa: The Advisory Committee, 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.Canadian Population Health Initiative, Canadian Institutes of Health Research — Institute of Population and Public Health. Charting the Course: A pan-Canadian consultation on population and public health priorities. Ottawa: Canadian Institute for Health Information, May 2002.Google Scholar
- 7.URL: http;//www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/institutes/ipph/funding/index_e.shtml.
- 9.Iseman M. Treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. N Engl J Med 1993;9:784–91.Google Scholar
- 10.Tuck T. Preliminary lab results rule out ebola — Patient continues to improve. (accessed from www.city.hamilton.on.ca/News/releases/01_02_07b.htm)
- 13.Warner KE. The need for, and value of, a multilevel approach to disease prevention: The case of tobacco control. In: Smedley BD, Syme SL (Eds.), Promoting Health: Intervention Strategies from Social and Behavioral Research. Washington: National Academy Press, 2000;417-49.Google Scholar
- 15.Smedley BD, Syme SL. Promoting Health: Intervention Strategies from Social and Behavioral Research. Washington: National Academy Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 16.URL: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/pub/pubhealth/manprog/mhp.pdf
- 17.Quebec Official Publisher, 2001. National Assembly (Second session, 36th legislature) Bill 36 (2001, Chapter 60). Public Health Act.Google Scholar
- 18.Mills C, Butler-Jones D. Protecting the Public’s Health: Letter to the Editor, Canadian Public Health Association. October 11, 2002.Google Scholar
- 19.Canadian Public Health Laboratory Forum. Canadian Public Health Renewal: A report to the Federal Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada. The Laboratory Forum. Winnipeg; July 5, 2002.Google Scholar
- 20.Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology (under the chairmanship of Senator Kirby). The Health of Canadians: The Federal Role. Ottawa: The Queen’s Printer, October 2002. Available on-line at: http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/2/parlbus/commbus/senate/com-e/soci-e/rep-e/repoct02vol6-e.htmGoogle Scholar
- 21.Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada (Commissioner Roy J. Romanow). Building on Values: The Future of Health Care in Canada. Final Report. November 2002. Available on-line at: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/care/romanow/index.html
- 22.Canadian Institutes of Health Research — Institute of Population and Public Health (CIHR-IPPH). Mapping and Tapping the Wellsprings of Health: Strategic Plan 2002–2007. Toronto: The Institute, August 2002.Google Scholar
© The Canadian Public Health Association 2003