Synthesis and Luminescence Properties of (Y, Gd) (P, V)O4:Eu3+, Bi3+Red Nano-phosphors with Enhanced Photoluminescence by Bi3+, Gd3+ Doping
A series of (Y1−y, Gd y )0.95−x(P y , V1−y)O4:0.05Eu3+, xBi3+ phosphors have been successfully prepared by a subsection method. The crystal structure, surface morphology and luminescence properties were investigated. It was found that the sintered samples crystallized in a tetragonal crystal system with space group I41/amd(a = b = 0.7119 nm, c = 0.6290 nm). The products presented rod-like morphology with length of 100–150 nm and width of 50–100 nm. A maximum peak at 619 nm (5D0 →7F2) was observed in emission spectrum of the phosphors. It was also found that co-doping of Bi3+, P5+ and Gd3+ions into YVO4:Eu3+ can not only made the right edge of the excitation band shift to the long-wavelength region, but also increased the emission intensity at 619 nm sharply and decreased the lifetime of fluorescence decay. These results may expand the application scope of the phosphors.
Keywords(Y, Gd)(P, V)O4:Eu3+,Bi3+ Rod-like Red phosphors Photoluminescence Doping
- B. K. Grandhe, V. R. Bandi, K. Jang, S. Ramaprabhu, H. S. Lee, D. S. Shin, S. S. Yi and J. H. Jeong, “Multi wall carbon nanotubes assisted synthesis of YVO4:Eu3+ nanocomposites for display device applications”, Compos. Part B 43(1), 1192–1195 (2012). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2011.08.011CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- X. Z. Xiao, G. Z. Lu, S. D. Shen, D. S. Mao, Y. Guo and Y. Q. Wang, “Synthesis and luminescence properties of YVO4:Eu3+ cobblestone-like microcrystalline phosphors obtained from the mixed solvent- thermal method”, Mater. Sci. Eng., B 176(1), 72–78 (2011). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mseb.2010.09.005CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- D. Hreniak, J. Doskocz, P. Gluchowski, R. Lisiecki, W. Strek, N. Vu, D. X. Loc, T. K. Anh, M. Bettinelli and A. Speghini, “Enhancement of luminescence properties of Eu3+:YVO4 in polymeric nanocomposites upon UV excitation”, J. Lumin. 131(3), 473–476 (2011). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jlumin.2010.10.028CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Q. Z. Dong, Y. H. Wang, L. L. Peng, H. J. Zhang and B. T. Liu, “Controllable morphology and high photoluminescence of (Y, Gd)(V,P) O4:Eu3+ nanophosphors synthesized by two-step reactions”, Nanotechnol. 22(21), 215604–215611 (2011). http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0957-4484/22/21/215604CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- J. H. Shin, S. W. Choi, S. H. Hong, S. J. Kwon, S. Y. Seo, H. S. Kim, Y. H. Song and D. H. Yoon, “Luminescent properties of Y(P, V)O4:Eu3+ phosphors prepared by combining liquid phase precursor method and planetary ball milling”, J. Alloys Compd. 509(11), 4331–4335 (2011). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2011.01.060CrossRefGoogle Scholar