Incorporation of Mental Health Content into Pharmacist Training for Diabetes Management
- First Online:
- 19 Downloads
Current trends call attention to the importance of behavioral health considerations in education for diabetes management. The article describes a recent effort at incorporating mental health content into a college of pharmacy diabetes elective. Preliminary student feedback suggests that the lecture was novel and well-received.
KeywordsMental health pharmacy training interprofessional diabetes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Gilfillan RJ, Tomcavage J, Rosenthal MB, Davis DE, Graham J, Roy JA, et al. Value and the medical home: Effects of transformed primary care. Am J Manag Care. 2010;16(8):607–614.Google Scholar
- 7.American Diabetes Association. Psychosocial factors affecting adherence, quality of life, and well-being: helping patients cope. In: Kaufman FR, editor. Medical Management of Type 1 Diabetes. 5th ed. Alexandria,VA: American Diabetes Association; 2008, p. 173–193.Google Scholar
- 9.Cimo A, Stergiopoulos F, Cheng C, Bonato S, Dewa CS. Effective lifestyle interventions to improve type II diabetes self-management for those with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: a systematic review. BMC Psychiatry. 2012;12(24): 1–9.Google Scholar
- 10.College of Psychiatric and Neurological Pharmacists. Psychiatric Pharmacist Integration into the Medical Home Model Position Statement. [updated 2012 Apr 3; cited 2013 May 16]. Available from: cpnp.org/about/position/medical-home-model.
- 11.Croghan TW, Brown JD. Integrating mental health treatment into the patient centered medical home. In: Mathematica policy research. AHRQ Publication No. 10-0084-EF ed.Google Scholar