Development, chromosome location and genetic mapping of EST-SSR markers in wheat
A number of 151695 wheat expression sequence tags (ESTs) that originated from GenBank/dbEST from July 14, 2003 to August 24, 2004 were used to search for simple sequence repeats (SSRs) with motif 2–5 bp, and 2038 simple sequence repeats (EST-SSRs), which accounted for 1.34% of EST database, were identified. Based on these SSR sequences, 249 EST-SSR primer pairs and 166 amplified clear bands in various wheat cultivars were designed. These EST-SSR markers can be used as new molecular markers in wheat and related species. Using Chinese Spring nulli-tetrasomic lines, 93 EST-SSR primer pairs and 193 EST-SSR loci were located on 19 wheat chromosomes except for 4A and 4B. Forty-three loci were mapped on 11 chromosomes of the genetic framework map previously constructed using recombinant inbred lines.
Keywordswheat EST-SSR primer nulli-tetrasome RIL genetic map
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Powell, W., Machray, G. C., Provan, J., Polymorphism revealed by simple sequence repeats, Trends Plant Sci., 1996, 7: 215–222.Google Scholar
- 4.Decroocq, V., Fave, M. G., Hagen, L. et al., Development and transferability of apricot and grape EST microsatellite markers across taxa, Theor. Appl. Genet., 2003, 106: 912–922.Google Scholar
- 11.Thiel, T., Michalek, W., Varshney, R. K. et al., Exploiting EST databases for the development and characterization of gene-derived SSR-markers in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.), Theor. Appl. Genet., 2003, 106: 411–422.Google Scholar
- 12.Barrett, B., Griffiths, A., Schreiber, M. et al., A microsatellite map of white clover, Theor. Appl. Genet., 2004, 109: 596–608.Google Scholar
- 14.Han, Z. G., Guo, W. Z., Song, X. L. et al., Genetic mapping of EST-derived microsatellites from the diploidGossypium arboreum in allotetraploid cotton, Mol. Genet. Gen., 2004, 272: 308–327.Google Scholar
- 16.Röder, M. S., Korzun, V., Wendehake, K. et al., A microsatellite map of wheat, Genetics, 1998, 149: 2007–2023.Google Scholar
- 19.Lu, R. H., Meng, J. L., MapDraw: A microsoft Excel macro for drawing genetic linkage maps based on given genetic linkage map, Hereditas, 2003, 25: 317–321.Google Scholar