Crystal structure of daqingshanite
- 22 Downloads
Daqinshanite, a new mineral recently discovered in China, is a kind of strontium-rare earth-bearing phosphate-carbonate. The ideal formula is: (Sr, Ca, Ba), RF(PO4)(CO3)3. The mineral belongs to the trigonal system. The intensity data were collected with a single-crystal four-circle diffractometer. The lattice parameters are given as:a=10.058(±0.002) Å;c=9.225(±0.003) Å. Space group=R3m,Z=3. The crystal structure was solved by Patterson and electron density synthesis methods. The least-squares refinement led to a final conventional factorR=0.079.
Crystal structural analysis shows that daqingshanite is of calcite-type structure and the ordered model of cations is similar to that of huntite (Mg3Ca(CO3)4).
KeywordsBond Distance Coordination Polyhedron Axial Ratio R3ra Trigonal System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ren Yingchen, Ximen Lulu and Pen Zhizhong, Geochemistry, 2, 2(1983), 180–184.Google Scholar
- Peng Zhizhong and Shen Jinchuan, Scientific Papers on Geology for International Exchange, 2 (1980), 11–18 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Qian Jinzhi, Fu Pingqiu, Kong Youhua and Gong Guohong, Acta Physica Sinica, 31, 5(1982), 577–584 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- F. Lippmann, Sedimentary Carbonate Minerals, 1977, 19–43.Google Scholar
- Peng Zhizhong, Ionic Ordering-disordering of Unhydrated Carbonate Minerals (Abstract) (in Chinese).Google Scholar