A new frog of the genusMicrixalus Boul. from Wynad, S. India
- 19 Downloads
Micrixalus nudis sp. nov. is described from Wynad, S. India and compared with other known species of the genus from India and abroad. It is felt that the generic composition of the genus requires redefinition. A key to the Indian and Ceylonese species is given.
KeywordsMicrixalus nudis generic composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Annandale M 1912 Zoological results of the Abor Expedition, 1911–12. 1. Batrachia;Rec. Indian Mus. 8 7–36Google Scholar
- Boulenger G A 1890 inFauna of British India including Ceylon and Burma: Reptilia and Batrachia (London: Taylor and Francis)Google Scholar
- Boulenger G A 1896 Descriptions of new batrachians in the British Museum;Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. 17 401–406Google Scholar
- Inger R F 1954 Systematics and Zoogeography of Philippine Amphibia;Fieldiana Zool. 33 185–525Google Scholar
- Myers G S 1942 A new frog of the genusMicrixalus from Travancore;Proc. Biol. Soc. Wash. 55 71–74Google Scholar
- Smith M A 1923 On a collection of reptiles and batrachians from the Island of Hainan;J. Nat. Hist. Soc. Siam 6 195–212Google Scholar