The governing factors of the physicochemical characteristics of sheshpeer karst Springs, Iran
- 46 Downloads
Concentration of major ions and electrical conductivity of the fresh snow and snowpack.
Variation of discharge as a function of time at six sinking streams.
Time Variation of discharge, electrical conductivity, and air and water temperature of sinking streams at seven sinkholes.
Electrical conductivity and temperature of water at the surface and 40 cm beneath the soil cover.
Discharge, major ions, temperature and electrical conductivity of the Sheshpeer spring water were measured every twenty days for a period of three years.
The results indicate that if the physical and chemical characteristics of a karst spring are going to be used to determine the characteristics of corresponding aquifer, first the effect of external factors on the outflow should be accounted for, and then the characteristics of the karst aquifer be determined.
KeywordsKarst Aquifer Karst System Karst Spring Governing Factor Uranine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ASHTON, K., 1966, The analyses of flow data from karst drainage systems:Trans. Cave Research Group Great Britain, v. 7, p. 161–203.Google Scholar
- BAKALOWICZ, M., 1977, Etude du degre d’organisation des ecoulements souterrains dans les aquiferes carbonates par une methode hydrogeochimique nouvelle. C. R. Academy.Science. Paris, v. 284, p. 2463–2466.Google Scholar
- FORD D. C. and WILLIAMS, P. W., 1989, Karst geomorphology and hydrology. Unwin Hyman Ltd., p. 601.Google Scholar
- GAMS, J., 1960, Factors and dynamics of corrosion of the carbonate rocks in the Dinaric and Alpian karst of Slovenia (Yugoslavia),Geografski Vestink, v. 38, p. 11–68.Google Scholar
- GARRELS, R. M. and CHRIST, C. I., 1965, Solutions, minerals and Equilibria. Harper and Row, New York, N.Y., 2nd ed., p. 450.Google Scholar
- JEFFERIES, D. S. and SYNDER, W. R., 1981, Variations in the chemical composition of the snowpack and associated waters in central Ontario. Dwin, Quebe City, Quebec, Canada, p. 11–22.Google Scholar
- KARAMI, G., 1993, Relationship between the effective parameters on the recharged water and physicochemical properties of the karst springs in Gar and Barm-Firooz mountains. Unpublished Master of Science Thesis, Shiraz University, p. 349.Google Scholar
- KASAEYAN, E., 1990, Morphology of Barm-Firooz sinkholes. Unpublished Bachlor of Science Thesis, Shiraz University, p. 204.Google Scholar
- MARANDI, H., 1990, Morphology of Gar mountain sinkholes. Unpublished Bachlor of Science Thesis, Shiraz University, p. 187.Google Scholar
- NOVAK, D., 1971, A contribution to the knowledge of physical and chemical properties of the ground water in the Slovenian karst. Krs Jugoslavije (Carus Jugoslavia), p. 171–188.Google Scholar
- PEZESHKPOOR, P., 1990, Hydrogeological and hydrochemical evaluation of Kuh-e Gar and Barm-Firooz springs. Unpublished Master of Science Thesis, Shiraz University, p. 282.Google Scholar
- PORHEMAT, J., 1993, Evaluation of hydrological budget in high karstic mountains. Unpublished Master of Science Thesis, Shiraz University, Shiraz Iran, 340 p.Google Scholar
- RAEISI, E., PEZESHKPOOR, P. and MOOR, F., 1993, Characteristics of karst aquifer as indicated by temporal changes of the springs physico-chemical parameters:Iranian J. Science and Technology, v. 17, p. 17–28.Google Scholar
- RAEISI, E. and KARAMI, G., 1994, Characteristics of Berghan aquifer using hydrochemistry methods: National Seminar on Groundwater Resources, Kerman, Iran, Sept. 4–7.Google Scholar
- SMITH, D. I. and MEAD, D. G., 1962, The solution of limestone:Proc. University Bristol Speleology Society, v. 9, p. 188–211.Google Scholar
- ZARE, M. and RAEISI, E., 1993, Karst water tracing experiment with uranine in Sepidan karst region, Iran: International Symposium on Water Resources in Karst with Special Emphasis on Arid and Semi Arid Zones, Shiraz, Iran, Oct. 23–28.Google Scholar
- ZOLT, J., 1960, Die hydrographic des nordostalpinem karsts. Steirische Beitrage Hydrogeologie, p. 53–183.Google Scholar