Multivector differential calculus
- 153 Downloads
Universal geometric calculus simplifies and unifies the structure and notation of mathematics for all of science and engineering, and for technological applications. This paper treats the fundamentals of the multivector differential calculus part of geometric calculus. The multivector differential is introduced, followed by the multivector derivative and the adjoint of multivector functions. The basic rules of multivector differentiation are derived explicitly, as well as a variety of basic multivector derivatives. Finally factorization, which relates functions of vector variables and multivector variables is discussed, and the concepts of both simplicial variables and derivatives are explained. Everything is proven explicitly in a very elementary level step by step approach. The paper is thus intended to serve as reference material, providing a number of details, which are usually skipped in more advanced discussions of the subject matter. The arrangement of the material closely followschapter 2 of .
KeywordsProduct Rule Chain Rule Geometric Algebra Differential Calculus Geometric Multiplication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jesus Christ, “Gospel according to Matthew”, Bible, Today’s English Version.Google Scholar
- D. Hestenes, G. Sobczyk, “Clifford Algebra to Geometric Calculus”, Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1999.Google Scholar
- Bell I., “Maths for (Games) Programmers”, Section 4 — Multivector Methods, 〈http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/maths/geoalg.htm〉Google Scholar
- Hitzer E.M.S., Vector Differential Calculus,Mem. Fac. Eng. Fukui Univ. 50 (1) (2002). 〈http://sinai.mech.fukui-u.ac.jp/gcj/pubs.html〉Google Scholar
- Hestenes D., “Space Time Calculus”, 〈http://modelingnts.la.asu.edu/pdf/SpaceTimeCalc.pdf〉Google Scholar
- Hestenes D., “New Foundations for Mathematical Physics”, 〈http://modelights.la.asu.edu/html/NFMP.html/t> Google Scholar
- Sobczyk G., “Simplicial Calculus with Geometric Algebra”, available at: 〈http://modelingnts.la.asu.edu/html/GeoCalc.html#Multivector〉Google Scholar
- Cambridge Maple GA package, 〈http://www.mrao.cam.ac.uk/~clifford/software/GA/〉Google Scholar
- Bronstein I.N., K.A. Semendjajew, “Taschenbuch der Mathematik” (German), 22nd ed., Verlag Harri Deutsch, Frankfurt am Main 1985.Google Scholar
- Ito K. (ed.), “Encyclopedic Dictionary of Mathematic”, 2nd ed., Mathematical Society of Japan, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1996.Google Scholar
- Paul, Romans 1:20, “The Holy Bible New International Version”, IBS, Colorado, 1973. <http://bible.gospelcom.net/>Google Scholar