Synthetic investigations in the sesamin group
- 18 Downloads
Ethylα-bromovinylacetate (VII) was condensed with the sodio derivative of ethyl piperonoylacetate (VIII) to give diethylα-vinyl-α′-piperonoylsuccinate (IX). The latter on reduction with lithium aluminium hydride furnished the triol (X), which underwent smooth cyclisation with 1% ethanolic hydrogen chloride to 2-(3′, 4′-methylenedioxyphenyl)-hydroxymethyl-4-vinyltetrahydrofuran (XIa). The structure of XIa was established by Oppenauer oxidation to an aldehyde. Ozonolysis of XIa afforded samin (I).
KeywordsSesamin Sesamol Triol Sodium Bicarbonate Solution Sodium Ethoxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Rietz, E. ..Organic Syntheses, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1944,24, 96.Google Scholar
- 9.Mannich, C...Arch. Pharm., 1935,273, 416.Google Scholar
- 10.Bruchhausen, F. V. and Gerhard, H.Ber., 1939,72, 830.Google Scholar
- 11.Perkin, W. H. Junr. and Robinson, R.Proc. Chem. Soc., 1905,21, 287.Google Scholar
- 12.Haworth, R. D. and Haslam, E.J. Chem. Soc., 1955, 827.Google Scholar
- 14.Balasubrahmanyam, S. N.J. Chem. Education, 1960, 475Google Scholar