Studies in the Friedel-Crafts reaction
- 110 Downloads
Phthalic anhydride has been condensed with resorcinol with the formation ofO-2: 4-dihydroxybenzoyl benzoic acid. [Some derivatives of this keto acid have been described.
KeywordsNitrobenzene Ferric Chloride Resorcinol Dimethyl Ether Succinic Anhydride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ulmann and co-workersBer., 1919, 52, 2098; 1920,53.Google Scholar
- 2.Mitter and DeJ. Ind. Chem. Soc., 1935,2, 747.Google Scholar
- 3.Raval, Bokil and NargundJ. Univ. Bom., 1938,7, 184.Google Scholar
- 4.Dalal and NargundIbid.,, 1938,7, 189.Google Scholar
- 5.Desai and (Mrs.) V. H. ShroffIbid.,, 1941,10, 160.Google Scholar
- 6.Mitter and DeJ. Ind. Chem. Soc., 1939,16, 35, 199.Google Scholar
- 7.Dalal and NargundIbid.,, 1937,14, 407.Google Scholar