The Raman spectrum of diamond
- 629 Downloads
The Raman spectra of fourteen different diamonds exhibiting diverse characters in their optical behaviour (viz., transparency in the infra-red and ultra-violet regions of the spectrum, birefringence and the intensity and colour of the luminescence) were recorded. The principal Raman line is found to have a frequency shift of 1331·7 ± 0·2 cm.−1 which agrees closely with the value of 1331·8 cm.−1 reported earlier. There were no observable variations in the frequency shift, width or intensity of the line in the several cases studied.
KeywordsRaman Spectrum Frequency Shift Raman Line Blue Luminescent Diverse Character
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhagavantam, S...Ind. Jour. Phys., 1930,5, 169 & 573.Google Scholar
- Hariharan, P. S...Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1944,19, 261.Google Scholar
- Krishnan, R. S... Ibid., 1944,19, 216; 1946,24, 25 and 45; 1947,26, 399.Google Scholar
- —————.. Ibid., 1944,19, 298.Google Scholar
- Narayanan, P. S... Ibid., 1951,34, 1.Google Scholar
- Nayar, P. G. N... Ibid., 1941,13, 284 and 483.Google Scholar
- Ramachandran, G. N... Ibid., 1944,19, 280 and 304.Google Scholar
- —————.. Ibid., 1946,24, 95.Google Scholar
- Raman, C. V... Ibid., 1943,18, 237.Google Scholar
- —————..Ind. Jour. Phys., 1930,5, 97.Google Scholar
- Robertson, Fox and Martin..Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc., 1934,232A, 463.Google Scholar