Spectrophotometric and potentiometric investigations of copper (II)-ethanolamine complexes
- 22 Downloads
Potentiometric, spectrophotometric and polarographic evidence has been presented for the formation of mixed hydroxy complexes in coppermonoethanolamine system. A method has been developed for the analysis of Bjerrum formation curves taken in presence of 0·1, 0·2, 0·5 and 1·0 M monoethanolammonium ion with respect to hydroxy complexes. The formation of CuAOH+, CuA2OH+ and CuA3OH+ is shown and the corresponding stability constants are calculated at different concentrations of MEA ion. Curves showing the distribution of pure and hydroxy complexes at various pA values in solutions containing different concentrations of MEA ion have also been given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mahapatra, S. and Subrahmanya, R. S.Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1963,58 A, 161.Google Scholar
- 3.Subrahmanya, R. S...Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1956,43 A, 133.Google Scholar
- 4.Kolthoff, I. M. and Lingane, J. J.Polarography, 1952,1, 222.Google Scholar
- 5.Srinivasan, K. and Subrahmanya, R. S. Unpublished.Google Scholar
- 6.Cadiot, M. Smith..J. Chim. Phys., 1963,60, 957.Google Scholar