Kinetic studies in ester hydrolysis
- 34 Downloads
The kinetics of acid hydrolysis of ethyl acetate, ethyl propionate and ethyl chloracetate in glycerol-water system has been studied. Both viscosity and dielectric constant influence the reaction and a close correlation of the parameters of the reaction velocity equation is noticed.
KeywordsGlycerol Dielectric Constant Ethyl Acetate Dioxan Ester Hydrolysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hinshelwoodet al. J. C. S., 1938,848, 862.Google Scholar
- 3.HinshelwoodKinetics of Chemical Change, (O.U.P., 1940), 251.Google Scholar
- 4.Hinshelwood and FaircloughJ. C. S., 1937, 538.Google Scholar
- 5.JowettPhil. Mag., 1929,8, 1059.Google Scholar
- 6.MenschutkinZ. Physik. Chem., 1890,6, 41.Google Scholar
- 7.Moelwyn-HughesKinetics of Reactions in Solution, (O.U.P, 1933),52, 107, 117, 158.Google Scholar