The condensation of aldehydes with amides
- 11 Downloads
Condensations ofm- andp-nitrobenzaldehyde with seven different amides are reported, most of the products being new. Thep-isomer seems to undergo condensation in the shortest time, the m-being intermediate. Thep- also gives the best yields. There is a clear indication of the influence of the particular position occupied by the nitro-group on the ring of the aldehyde molecule. The influence of the different groups associated with the amido group in RCONH2 is even more obvious. The 2:4-dinitrobenzaldehyde, on the other hand, does not appear to condense.
KeywordsBenzamide Phenylacetamide Concentrate Sulphuric Acid Lutidine Propionamide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ittyerah and PandyaProc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1942,15, 6.Google Scholar
- 2.Pandya and Sodhi —, 1938,7, 361.Google Scholar
- 3.Mehra and Pandya —, 1939,10, 279.Google Scholar
- 4.Mansur and Pandya —, 1939,10, 282.Google Scholar
- 5.Glazer and FrischArch. Pharm., 1928,266, 103:Br. Chem. Ab., A, 1928, 652.Google Scholar
- 6.Ittyerah, Pandya andJourn. Uni. Bom., 1941, X, Part 3, 78.Google Scholar