Kinetic parameter estimation for 1,1,3,3-tetramethylguanidinum trifluoroacetate ionic liquid in the reaction of glycidyl methacrylate with carbon dioxide
- 45 Downloads
The ionic liquid (IL) of 1,1,3,3-tetramethyl guanidinum trifluoroacetate, which was synthesized by reacting 1,1,3,3-tetramethylguanidine (TMG) and trifluoroacetic acid, was used as a catalyst of the reaction between carbon dioxide and glycidyl methacrylate (GMA)., The initial absorption rate of carbon dioxide into GMA solutions containing IL was measured in a semi-batch stirred tank with a plane gas-liquid interface at 101.3 kPa to obtain the reaction kinetics. The reaction rate constants of the reaction between carbon dioxide and GMA were evaluated from analysis of the mass transfer mechanism accompanied by the elementary reactions based on the film theory. Solvents such as toluene,N-methyl-2-pirrolidinone and dimethyl sulfoxide affected the reaction rate constants.
KeywordsIonic liquid gas absorption carbon dioxide gly cidyl methacrylate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Aresta, in:Carbon Dioxide Recovery and Utilization, p. 211. Kluwer, Boston, MA (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.L. K. Daraiswany and M. M. Sharma, in:Heterógeneous Reaction: Analysis, Example and Reactor Design, p. 17. Wiley, New York, NY (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.S. W. Park, B. S. Choi, D. W. Park and J. W. Lee,J. Ind. Eng. Chem.,11, 527 (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.P. V. Danckwerts,Gas-Liquid Reaction. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY (1970).Google Scholar
- 14.J. Brandrup and E. H. Immergut, in:Polymer Handbook, 2nd edn, p. IV341. Wiley, New York, NY (1975).Google Scholar
- 15.R. T. Morrison and R. N. Boyd, in:Organic Chemistry, 4th edn, p. 235. Allyn and Bacon, Toronto, ON (1983).Google Scholar