Prediction of recrystallization behaviors in a steel billet during hot forging
- 67 Downloads
Multi-recrystallizations occurring in a steel billet during hot forging were predicted. The prediction was obtained by coupling rigid thermoviscoplastic finite element analysis and recrystallization modeling equations. The finite element analysis was preformed for nonisothermal deformation as well as heat transfer for the entire forging process. As a result, it was predicted that three or four times of recrystallizations occurred in the billet and that resulting grains varied in size for different locations. The final grain sizes at the locations in the billet were measured and compared with predicted ones. It was found that they were in good agreement.
Key wordshot forging steel forging recrystallization grain size finite element analysis recrystallization modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. M. Sellars,Metal Sci., Mar–Apr., 187 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.C. M. Sellars,Mater. Sci. Tech. 6, 1072 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Yada,Trans. ISIJ 23, 100 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Yada, Tetsu-to-Hagane15, 322 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Kobayashi, S. Oh and T. Altan,Metal Forming and the Finite Element Method, Oxford University Press (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.W. J. Kwak,M. S. Thesis, Postech, Korea (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.H. J. Cho,M. S. Thesis, College of Engineering, Hong-Ik University, Korea (1995).Google Scholar