What’s new on lorenz strange attractors?
KeywordsVector Field Equilibrium Point Rayleigh Number Unstable Manifold Mathematical Intelligencer
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. S. Afraimovich, V. V. Bykov, and L P. Shil’nikov. On the appearance and structure of the Lorenz attractor.Dokl. Acad. Sci. USSR, 234:336–339, 1977.Google Scholar
- A. Andronov and L. Pontryagin. Systèmes grossiers.Dokl. Akad. Nauk. USSR, 14:247–251, 1937.Google Scholar
- C. Bonatti, L. J. Diaz, and E. Pujals. A C1-generic dichotomy for diffeomorphisms: weak forms of hyperbolicity or infinitely many sinks or sources. Preprint, 1999.Google Scholar
- R. Bowen.Equilibrium states and the ergodic theory of Anosov diffeomorphisms, volume 470 ofLect. Notes in Math. Springer Verlag, 1975.Google Scholar
- L. J. Diaz, E. Pujals, and R. Ures. Partial hyperbolicity and robust transitivity.Acta Math., 1999. To appear.Google Scholar
- M. Hénon and Y. Pomeau. Two strange attractors with a simple structure. InTurbulence and Navier-Stokes equations, volume 565, pages 29–68. Springer Verlag, 1976.Google Scholar
- Yu. Kifer.Random perturbations of dynamical systems. Birkhäuser, 1988.Google Scholar
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz.Fluid mechanics. Pergamon, 1959.Google Scholar
- S. Luzzatto and W. Tucker. Non-uniformly expanding dynamics in maps with singularities and criticalities.Publ. Math. IHES. To appear.Google Scholar
- S. Luzzatto and M. Viana. Lorenz-like attractors without invariant foliations. In preparation.Google Scholar
- S. Luzzatto and M. Viana. Positive Lyapunov exponents for Lorenz-like maps with criticalities.Astérisque, 1999.Google Scholar
- J. C. Maxwell.Matter and motion. Dover Publ., 1952. First edition in 1876.Google Scholar
- C. Morales, M. J. Pacifico, and E. Pujals. Partial hyperbolicity and persistence of singular attractors. Preprint 1999.Google Scholar
- J. Palis. A global view of Dynamics and a conjecture on the denseness of finitude of attractors.Astérisque, 261:339–351, 1999.Google Scholar
- J. Palis and F. Takens.Hyperbolicity and sensitive-chaotic dynamics at homoclinic bifurcations. Cambridge University Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- H. Poincaré.Science and method. Dover Publ., 1952. First edition in 1909.Google Scholar
- M. Shub.Global stability of dynamical systems. Springer Verlag, 1987.Google Scholar
- C. Sparrow.The Lorenz equations: bifurcations, chaos and strange attractors, volume 41 ofApplied Mathematical Sciences. Springer Verlag, 1982.Google Scholar
- W. Tucker.The Lorenz attractor exists. PhD thesis, Univ. Uppsala, 1998. Text and program codes available at www. math.uu.se/~warwick/.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2000