Banti’s syndrome following prolonged infectious hepatitis
A report of two cases
- 13 Downloads
KeywordsInfectious Hepatitis Esophageal Varix Color Index White Blood Count Icterus Index
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cecil, Russell L. A Textbook of Medicine, 5th Edition, W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1940, pp. 1389–1391.Google Scholar
- 3.Thompson, William P. The Pathogenesis of Banti’s Disease. Ann. Int. Med., 1940, 14:255–262, Aug.Google Scholar
- 4.Boyd, William. A Textbook of Pathology. 3d Edition, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia, 1939, pp. 820–822.Google Scholar
- 5.Drenckhahn, C. H. A new Approach to the Prevention of Hemorrhages from Esophageal Varices as Occur in Cirrhosis and Banti’s Disease. A. M. J. Digest, Dis., 1939, 6:462–465, Sept.Google Scholar
- 6.Almy, Thomas P. and Harper, J. G. Mason. Banti’s Syndrome Apparently Due to Infection with Schistosoma mansoni. J. A. M. A., 1944, 126:703–705, Nov. 11.Google Scholar
- 7.Babcock, Wayne W. Principles and Practice of Surgery. Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia, 1944, p. 915.Google Scholar
- 8.Eliason, E. L. and Stevens, L. W. Surgery of the Spleen in Blood Dyscrasias. Surgery, 1943, 13:177–187, Feb.Google Scholar
- 9.Dietrich (Deutsche Med. Wchnschr. 68:1, Jan. 2, 1942) Quoted from Epidemic Jaundice, J. A. M. A., 1943, 123:1066, Dec. 18.Google Scholar
- 10.Barker, M. Herbert, et al. Acute Infectious Hepatitis in the Mediterranean Theater. J. A. M. A., 1945, 128:997–1003, Aug. 4.Google Scholar
© Springer 1946