Hypertrichosis of the pinna of the human ear, Y-linked pedigrees
- 72 Downloads
Inheritance ofHypertrichosis pinnae auris is investigated in twoBrahman and oneAryakshatriya pedigrees from Andhra Pradesh. The mode of inheritance is compatible with the hypothesis that the character is Y-linked. The age of onset seems to be in late puberty. The improbability of alternative hypotheses is considered. About 6% of an unselected sample of 345 adult males in Andhra Pradesh were found to show such hypertrichosis.
KeywordsAlsc Klinefelter Syndrome Hypertrichosis Padma Unselected Sample
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ford, C. E.,Jones, K. W.,Miller, O. J.,Mittwoch, U.,Penrose, L. Ś.,Ridler, M. andShapiro, A. (1959a). The Chromosomes in a Patient showing both Mongolism and the Klinefelter Syndrome.Lancet Vol. I for 1959: 709–710.Google Scholar
- Ford, C. E.,Jones, K. W.,Polani, P. E.,de Almeida, J. C. C., andBriggs, J. H. (1959b). A sex-chromosome Anomaly in a Case of Gonadal Dysgenesis (Turner’s Syndrome).Lancet Vol. I. for 1959. 711–713.Google Scholar
- Harris, H. (1946). Heredity of premature baldness in men.Ann. Eugen.,13: 172–181.Google Scholar
- Stern, C. (1949).Principles of Human genetics. Freeman, San Francisco.Google Scholar
- —— (1957). The problem of complete Y-linkage in man.Am. J. Human. Genet.,9: 147–166.Google Scholar
- —— (1958). Y-linkage in man.Am. J. Human. Genet.,10: 78.Google Scholar
- Tommasi, C. (1907a). Ipertricosi auricolare famigliare.Arch. Psichiatr. Neuropal. Antropol. Crim. Med. Legale,28: 60–67.Google Scholar
- —— (1907b). Ipertricosi auricolare famigliare.Giorn. Psych. clin. Tech. Manic.,35: 1–21.Google Scholar