The probable errors of calculated linkage values, and the most accurate method of determining gametic from certain zygotic series
Formulae are given for the probable errors of linkage and reduplication values calculated from the offspring of crosses of typesAB. ab ×abab, Ab.aB ×abab,AB.ab ×AB.ab, andAb.aB ×Ab. aB.
A method is given by which the best possible linkage values may be calculated from the offspring of the latter two crosses, i.e. fromF2.
If this method is employed,F2 is almost as accurate a means of measuring linkage as are the offspring fromF1 × double recessive; it is also slightly more sensitive as a means for the detection of linkage.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Todhunter.History of the Theory of Probability, p. 555.Google Scholar
- 2.Morgan andBridges. “ Sex-linked inheritance in Drosophila.”Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916.Google Scholar
- 3.Altenburg.Genetics, Vol. I. p. 354, 1916.Google Scholar
- 4.Punnett.Journal of Genetics, Vol. VI. No. 3, 1917.Google Scholar
- 5.Bridges.American Naturalist, Vol. XLVIII. p. 524, 1914.Google Scholar