Two new metabolites with cytotoxicities from deep-sea fungus, aspergillus sydowi YH11-2
- 274 Downloads
Two new compounds, 2, 3, 5-trimethyl-6-(3-oxobutan-2-yl)-4H-pyran-4-one (1) and (2R)-2, 3-dihydro-7-hydroxy-6, 8-dimethyl-2-[(E)-prop-1-enyl] chromen-4-one (2), together with six known compounds (3–8), were isolated from a deep-sea fungus, identified as Aspergillus sydowi, by a bioassay-guided method. Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic methods and the cytotoxicities were evaluated by SRB method.
Key wordsDeep-sea (depth 1000 m) Aspergillus sydowi Metabolite Cytotoxicities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brown, J. P., Robertson, A., Whalley, W. B., and Cartwright N. J., Chemistry of fungi. V. the constitution of citrinin. J. Chem. Soc., 867–879 (1949).Google Scholar
- Ji, H., Zhang, W., Zhang, M., Kudo, M., Aoyama, Y., Yoshida, Y., Sheng, C., Song, Y., Zhou, Y., Lue, J., and Zhu, J., Stucture based de novo design, synthesis, and ciological evaluation of non-azole inhibitors specific for Ianosterol 14á-demethylase of fungi.J. Med. Chem., 46, 474–485 (2003).PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Michael, L., Peter, L., and Uwe, A., Method for producing novel antimicrobial chroman-4-ones.PCT Int. Appl. 36 pp. (2004).Google Scholar
- Nicoletta, D., Paola, M., and Cinzia, C., Synthesis and evaluation of antirhinovirus activity of 3-hydroxy and 3-methoxy 2- styrylchromones.Anivir. Chem. Chemother., 14, 195–203 (2003).Google Scholar
- Whalley, W. B., Application of the modified gattermann reaction to methyl and ethyl orsellinate.J. Chem. Soc., 3278–3280 (1949).Google Scholar