New flavonol glycosides from leaves ofSymplocarpus renifolius
- 49 Downloads
A study was carried out to evaluate flavonol glycosides in leaves ofSymplocarpus renifolius (Araceae). From the water fraction of the MeOH extract, three new flavonol glycosides were isolated along with three known compounds, kaempferol-3-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→2)-β-D-glucopyranosyl-7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside, quercetin-3-O-β-D-glucopyranosy-l-(1→2)-β-D-glucopyranoside, and caffeic acid. The structures of the new flavonol glycosides were elucidated by chemical and spectral analyses as quercetin-3-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→2)-β-D-glucopyranosyl-7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside, isorhamnetin-3-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→2)-β-D-glucopyranosyl-7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside, and quercetin-3-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→2)-β-D-glucopyranosyl-7-O-(6IIII-trans-caffeoyl)-β-D-glucopyranoside.
Key wordsSymplocarpus renifolius Araceae Leaves Flavonol glycosides Quercetin Kaempferol Isorhamnetin derivatives
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Harbone, J.B. and Mabry, T.J. The Flavonoids Chapman and Hall(USA) New York p95 (1982).Google Scholar
- Hotta, M., Useful plants of the world, Heibonsa, Japan(Tokyo), p1018 (1989).Google Scholar
- Moon K.B., Colored illustration of herbaceus plants of Korea, p1294 (1973).Google Scholar
- Wang, Z.X. Zang, Y.Y., Liu, M.S., Shang, F.C. Li, Y.Q., Chi, J.P., Lin, L., Jiao, Q. and Zhao, H.B., Flavonoids constituents of the stems and leaves ofPanax ginseng.J. Sheuyang Coll. Pharm., 2, 284–287 (1985).Google Scholar
- Whang, W.K., Chang, Y.S. and Kim, I.H., Phenolic Compounds from the Bark ofSalix gilgiana.Yakhak Hoeji, 39, 193–199 (1995).Google Scholar
- Yoshida, T., Saito, T. and Kadoya, S., New acylated Flavonol glucosides inAllium tuberosum Chem. Pharm. Bull., 35, 93–96 (1987).Google Scholar