Report from the EPA conference on streamlining LCA
- 145 Downloads
As part of a comprehensive research program on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology and practices, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) hosted a meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio, on June 12 & 13, 1995, on Streamlining LCA. Organized by Research Triangle Institute’s Center for Environmental Analysis for the EPA, the conference provided a forum where practitioners and researchers could present the most up-to-date information on streamlined approaches. Time was also allotted for facilitated discussion which allowed the participants to express their thoughts and experiences with streamlined LCA applications, leading to butter understanding of the subject.
Key wordsLife Cycle Assessement Streamlining Screening Streamlined LCA Abridged LCA Partial LCA Full LCA Inventory Impact Assessment Life Cycle Management Ecobalance Ecoprofile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- EPA, Life-Cycle Assessment: Inventory Guidelines and Principles, U.S. EPA, prepared by Battelle and Franklin Associates for the Office of Research and Development, (EPA/600/R-92/245) February 1993.Google Scholar
- A Technical Framework for Life-Cycle Assessment, The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, workshop report, 1990.Google Scholar
- Fava, J., et al. Product Life-Cycle Assessment, Roy F. Weston, Weston Way, February 1993.Google Scholar
- Graedfl, T.E., B.R. Allnby, andP.R. Comrie, AT&T, “Matrix Approaches to Abridged Life Cycle Assessment,” Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp 134–139, 1995.Google Scholar
- EPA, Development of a Pollution Prevention Factors Methodology Based on Life-Cycle Assessment: A Lithographic Printing Case Study, prepared by BATTELLE for the Office of Research and Development, (EPA/600/R-94/157), January 1994.Google Scholar
- American Institute of Architects, Environmental Resource Guide, prepared by the Scientific Consulting Group, Gairhersburg, MD.Google Scholar
- A Conceptual Framework for Life-Cycle Impact Assessment, The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, workshop report, 1992.Google Scholar
- Canadian Standards Association, Environmental Life Cycle Assessment Guideline, Z760.2, 1992.Google Scholar
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO), TC-207, “Environmental Management Systems”, Subcommittee 5 on LCA, Workgroup 1 (WG1), “General Principles and Practices”, 1995.Google Scholar