Numerical solutions of flow past a circular cylinder at Reynolds numbers up to 160
- 4.2k Downloads
Flow past a circular cylinder at Reynolds numbers up to 160 is simulated using high resolution calculations. Flow quantities at the cylinder surface are obtained and compared with those from the existing experimental and numerical studies. The present study reports the detailed information of flow quantities on the cylinder surface at low Reynolds numbers.
Key WordsVortex Shedding Circular Cylinder Statistics on the Cylinder Surface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Choi, H., Moin, P. and Kim, J., 1992, “Turbulent Drag Reduction: Studies of Feedback Control & Flow over Riblets,” Report No. TF-55. Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University Stanford, CA.Google Scholar
- Norberg, C., 1993, “Pressure Forces on a Circular Cylinder in Cross Flow,” InProc. IUTAM Symp. Bluff-Body Wakes, Dynamics and Instabilities, 7–11 September 1992, Göttingen, 275. Springer.Google Scholar
- Thompson, J. F., Warsi, Z. U. A. and Mastin, C. W., 1985,Numerical Grid Generation-Foundations and Application, Elsevier Science Publishing Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Tritton D. J., 1987,Physical Fluid Dynamics, Oxford University Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Williamson, C. H. K. and Roshko, A., 1990, “Measurements of Base Pressure in the Wake of a Cylinder at Low Reynolds Numbers”Z. Flugwiss. Weltraumforsch Vol. 14, pp. 38–46.Google Scholar