Clarification Efficiency of Synthetic and Herbal Clarificants in Quality Jaggery Production
- 136 Downloads
Experiments conducted at the Regional Sugarcane and Jaggery Research Station, Kolhapur during 1999–2000, 2000–2001 and 2001–2002 to study the clarification efficiency of some synthetic an herbal clarificant suitable for quality jaggery. The synthetic clarificant like Bhendi powder or SNi @ 2 ppm with herbal clarificant bhendi plant @ 2 kg/1000 lit wee found effective in improving NRS, Colour, Jaggery recovery and maximum removal of scum, showing better effect on quality of jaggery and also helped in maintaining higher NRS and better colour jaggery during storage than the control treatment. None of the other clarificant were found beneficial in keeping jaggery in good condition during storage.
Key wordsClarification efficiency Clarificant jaggery quality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.O.A.C. (1965) Official Methods of Analysis. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. 10th Edn. Washington DC (USA).Google Scholar
- Agrawal, M.D. and Ghosh A.K. (1983). Effect of cane maturity, nitrogen fertilization, clarificants and additives on keeping qualities of gur. Indian Sugar,33 (2): 97–104.Google Scholar
- Joshi, K.K. and Pandit, S.N. (1959). Improved technique of gur manufacture and the role of various clarificants. Indian J. of Sug. Res. and Dev. Oct-Nov, 42–49.Google Scholar
- Laxmikantham (1973). Importance of jaggery in Andhra Pradesh. Technology in Sugarcane growing, Andhra Pradesh Agril. University Hyderabad (India): 60–70.Google Scholar
- Mungare T.S., Jadhav, H.D., Patil, J.P., Hasure, R.R., Jadhav, B.S. and Singh, Jaswant (2000). Clarification technique for production of quality jaggery. Co-op. Sugar, 32(4): 283–285.Google Scholar
- Singh Harban and Singh, Pritam (1954). Comparative efficiency of certain organic clarificants in gur manufacture. IInd Bienn Conf. Sug. Res. and Dev. Workers Jullandhar, pp. 613–615.Google Scholar