Extremal functions for Moser-Trudinger type inequality on compact closed 4-manifolds
- 111 Downloads
Given a compact closed four-dimensional smooth Riemannian manifold, we prove existence of extremal functions for Moser-Trudinger type inequality. The method used is blow-up analysis combined with capacity techniques.
Math Subject Classifications46E35 26D10
Key Words and PhrasesMoser-Trudinger inequality blow-up analysis capacity extremal function Green function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang, S. Y. A. The Moser-Trudinger inequality and applications to some problems in conformal geometry, inNonlinear Partial Differential Equations in Differential Geometry (Park City, UT, 1992) IAS/Park City Mathematics series,2, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI 65–125, (1996).Google Scholar
- Djadli, Z. and Malchiodi, A. Existence of conformal metrics with constantQ-curvature, to appear inAnn. of Math. Google Scholar
- Li, J. Li, Y., and Liu, P. TheQ-curvature on a 4-dimensional Riemannian manifold (M, g) with∫ M QdV g = 8π 2, preprint.Google Scholar
- Li, Y. Moser-Trudinger inequality on compact Riemannian manifolds of dimension two,J. Partial Differential Equations 14(2), 1289–1319, (2001).Google Scholar
- Li, Y. The extremal functions for Moser-Trudinger inequality on compact Riemannian manifolds,Sci. China Series A. Math. 48, 18–648, (2005).Google Scholar
- Malchiodi, A. Compactness of solutions to some geometric fourth-order equations,J. Reine Angew. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- Malchiodi, A. and Ndiaye, C. B. Some existence results for the Toda system on closed surfaces,Ren. Mat. Acc. Lincei, to appear.Google Scholar
- Paneitz, S. A quartic conformally covariant differential operator for arbitrary pseudo-Riemannian manifolds. preprint, (1983).Google Scholar
- Pohozaev, S. I. The Sobolev embedding in the casepl=n, inProceedings of the Technical Scientific Conference on Advances of Scientific Research (1964–1965), Mathematics Section, 158–170, Moskov. Energet. Inst. Moscow, (1965).Google Scholar