Flat manifolds isospectral on p-forms
- 35 Downloads
We study isospectrality on p-forms of compact flat manifolds by using the equivariant spectrum of the Hodge-Laplacian on the torus. We give an explicit formula for the multiplicity of eigenvalues and a criterion for isospectrality. We construct a variety of new isospectral pairs, some of which are the first such examples in the context of compact Riemannian manifolds. For instance, we give pairs of flat manifolds of dimension n=2p, p≥2, not homeomorphic to each other, which are isospectral on p-forms but not on q-forms for q∈p, 0≤q≤n. Also, we give manifolds isospectral on p-forms if and only if p is odd, one of them orientable and the other not, and a pair of 0-isospectral flat manifolds, one of them Kähler, and the other not admitting any Kähler structure. We also construct pairs, M, M′ of dimension n≥6, which are isospectral on functions and such that βp(M)<βp(M’), for 0<p<n and pairs isospectral on p-forms for every p odd, and having different holonomy groups, ℤ4 and ℤ22, respectively.
Math Subject Classificationsprimary 58J53 secondary: 20H15
Key Words and Phrasesisospectral Bieberbach group p-spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Charlap, L.Bieberbach Groups and Flat Manifolds, Springer-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- Ikeda, A. Riemannian manifoldsp-isospectral but not (p+1)-isospectral,Perspectives in Math.,8, 159–184, (1988).Google Scholar
- Mitello, R. and Rossetti, J.P. Hantzsche-Wendt manifolds of dimension 7,Diff. Geom. Appl., Proceedings of the 7th International Conference, Masaryk Univ., Brno, 379–391, (1999).Google Scholar
- Miatello, R. and Rossetti, J.P. Comparison of twistedp-form spectra for flat manifolds with diagonal holomony,Ann. Global Anal. Geom., to appear.Google Scholar
- Wells, R.Differential Analysis on Complex Manifolds, Springer-Verlag, GTM 65, Berlin-New York, 1967.Google Scholar