Reflection Ideals and mappings between generic submanifolds in complex space
Results on finite determination and convergence of formal mappings between smooth generic submanifolds in ℂN are established in this article. The finite determination result gibes sufficient conditions to guarantee that a formal map is uniquely determined by its jet, of a preassigned order, at a point. Convergence of formal mappings for real-analytic generic submanifolds under appropriate assumptions is proved, and natural geometric conditions are given to assure that if two germs of such submanifolds are formally equivalent, then, they are necessarily biholomorphically equivalent. It is also shown that if two real-algebraic hypersurfaces in ℂN are biholomorphically equivalent, then, they are algebraically equivalent. All the results are first proved in the more general context of “reflection ideals” associated to formal mappings between formal as well as real-analytic and real-algebraic manifolds.
Math Subject Classifications32H02
Key Words and Phrasesgenerie submanifold biholomorphic equivalence formal equivalence algebraic equivalence formal mapping reflection ideal finite type holomorphically nondegenerate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baouendi, M.S., Ebenfelt, P., and Rothschild, L.P. Dynamics of the Segre varieties of a real submanifold in complex space, to appear inJ. Alg. Geom., http://arXiv.org/abs/math. CV/0008112, (2000).Google Scholar
- Baouendi, M.S., Ebenfelt, P., and Rothschild, L.P.Real Submanifolds in Complex Space and Their Mappings, Princeton Math. Series,47, Princeton University Press, (1999).Google Scholar
- Baouendi, M.S., Rothschild, L.P., and Zaitsev, D. Equivalences of real submanifolds in complex space, (preprint 2000). http://arXiv. org/abs/math.CV/0002186, to appear inJ. Diff. Geom. Google Scholar
- Golubitsky, M., and Guillemin, V.Stable Mapping and Their Singularities, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, (1973).Google Scholar
- Mir, N. On the convergence of formal mappings, to appear inComm. Anal. Geom., (2000)Google Scholar