Antibiotic properties of lignin components
- 376 Downloads
Inhibitory effects of compounds with guaiacyl and syringyl structure, representing the structure of native lignin, were studied on model cultures of bacteria, yeasts, yeast-like microorganisms and moulds. Isoeugenol exhibited the most pronounced inhibitory effect on growth of the studied microorganisms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akhmedov N. A., Fakhrutdinov S. F.: Antibacterial action of some alkaloids, p. 245 inFarmakologija Alkaloidov i Glikozidov (I. K. Kamilov, Ed.). (In Russian.) Publ. House Fan, Tashkent, USSR, 1967.Google Scholar
- Kulik G. V., Rotmistrov M. M., Bredkhina A. M., Skrinik E. M., Kovtun V. O.: Antimicrobial activity of products of the condensation of some alkyl pyridines with aromatic aldehydes.Mikrobiol.Zh. (Kiev)30, 361 (1968).Google Scholar
- Kulka M., Hibbert H.: Studies on lignin and related compounds. LXVII. Isolation and identification of 1-(4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-propanon and 1-(4-4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-propanon and 1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl(-2-propanon from maple wood ethanolysis products. Metabolic changes in lower and higher plants.J.Am.Chem. Soc.65, 1980 (1943).Google Scholar
- Miyao Shigeo: Inhibitory effects of ethanol extracts of mace and eugenol on the growth of microorganisms isolated from vienna sausages.Shokuhin Eiseigaku Zasshi 16, 412 (1975).Google Scholar
- Muenzing H. P., Schels H.: Possibilities of replacement of preservative in cosmetics by essential oilsJ.Soc.Cosmet.Chem. 23, 841 (1972).Google Scholar
- Telysheva G. M.,Sergeeva V. N.,Gavare L.: Fungicidal properties o alkali oxidation destruction products of lignin.Latv.PSR Zinat.Akad.Vestis, Kim. Ser. 117 (1968).Google Scholar