A procedure for stepwise regression analysis for the non-experimental case is suggested. Regarding the problem as a multiple inference one, the procedure picks out the relevant regressors and, based on a slightly new approach, estimates the structure of dependencies among the variables involved.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Efroymson, M.A. (1960): “Multiple Regression Analysis” in Mathematical Methods for Digital Computers, eds. Rolston and H.S. Wilf, New York: John Wiley.Google Scholar
- Holm, S. (1977): Sequentially rejective multiple test procedures, Statistical Research Report 1977-1, University of Umeå, Institute of Mathematics & Statistics.Google Scholar
- Johnsson, T. (1989): A procedure for stepwise regressionanalysis, Research Report 1989:1, University of Göteborg, Department of Statistics.Google Scholar
- Miller, R.G. Jr (1980): Simultaneous Statistical Inference, 2nd ed., Springer Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Pinsker, I.S., Kipnis, V. and Grechanovsky, E. (1985): The Use of F-statistic in Forward Selection Regression Algorithm, Proc. Statist. Comput. Sec., ASA 419–423.Google Scholar