The influence of organophosphoric insecticides on total nitrogen and free amino acid levels in the leaves of apple seedlings
- 33 Downloads
The effect of 0.1% Metation E 50 (fenitrothion) and Fosfotion 50 (malathion) on the level of total nitrogen and that of free amino acids was investigated in juvenile and mature leaves of apple seedlings in the course of six days following treatment. Fosfotion affected both nitrogen and amino acid content to a higher degree than Metation. Fosfotion increased the total nitrogen content in all leaves, but Metation induced the change only in the leaves which were at the end of the logarithmic growth phase at the time of treatment. The level of amino acids increased on the whole, with the exception of a temporary decline in the youngest leaves as well. The treatment with both insecticides affected most the content of amides: the greatest decrease of glutamine occurred in young leaves, the highest increase in asparagine content was recorded in both juvenile and mature leaves.
KeywordsTotal Nitrogen Free Amino Acid Malathion Total Nitrogen Content Fenitrothion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bogdanoff, W.: Veränderung von Transpiration, Photosynthese, Aminosäure-, Zucker- und Stickstoffgehalt in der Bohnenpflanze nach Bespritzung mit den Insekticiden Parathion und Ekatin. - Tagungsber. DAL (Berlin)62: 223–229, 1964.Google Scholar
- Bbo-Rasmussen, F., Obbaek, K., Dahl, M. N.: [Studies on decomposition of 5 pesticides after application to lettuce grown in the glasshouse and in the open.] In Swed. - Tidsskr. Planteavl.75: 136–144, 1971.Google Scholar
- Ermakov, V.: [The metabolism of cabbage roots in connection with the extra-root intoxication by organophosphorous insecticides.] In Russ. - Vest, sel.-khoz. Nauki (Alma-Ata)17: 42 to 46, 1974.Google Scholar
- JedŹelovský, J., Grega, B., Adam, J., Poláček, M.: [The effect of Metation E 50 on the level of free amino acids in lucerne.] In Slov. - Agrochémia (Bratislava)15: 84–86, 1975.Google Scholar
- LaštŮvka, Z., Minář, J.: [The method of water cultures of higher plants.] In Czech. -Folia přír. Fak. UJEP, Brno, Biol. 16/2: 1–83, 1967.Google Scholar
- Pantaleeva, A. M.: [The transport and accumulation of octamethyltetraamid pyrophosphate in cotton plants.] In Russ. - Tr. vses. Inst. Zashch. Rast. (Leningrad)7: 33–46, 1956.Google Scholar
- Sud’ina, O. G., Antonyuk, E. K.: [The effect of Chlorofos on plant organism.] In Ukr. - Ukr. Bot. Zh.23: 16–22, 1966.Google Scholar
- Zelená, E.: [The effect of malathion and fenitrothion on the content of amino acids in apple tree leaves.] In Czech. -Ochrana Rostlin (Praha)12: 13–20, 1976.Google Scholar