Poincaré-Type inequalities and reconstruction of Paley-Wiener functions on manifolds
- 91 Downloads
The main goal of the article is to show that Paley-Wiener functions ƒ ∈ L2(M) of a fixed band width to on a Riemannian manifold of bounded geometry M completely determined and can be reconstructed from a set of numbers Φi (ƒ), i ∈ ℕwhere Φiis a countable sequence of weighted integrals over a collection of “small” and “densely” distributed compact subsets. In particular, Φi, i ∈ ℕ,can be a sequence of weighted Dirac measures δxi, xi ∈M.
It is shown that Paley-Wiener functions on M can be reconstructed as uniform limits of certain variational average spline functions.
To obtain these results we establish certain inequalities which are generalizations of the Poincaré-Wirtingen and Plancherel-Polya inequalities.
Our approach to the problem and most of our results are new even in the one-dimensional case.
Math Subject Classifications42C05 41A17 41A65 43A85 46C99
Key Words and PhrasesPoincaré inequality on manifolds Laplace-Beltrami operator band-limited functions on manifolds splines on manifolds sampling theorem on manifolds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benedetto, J.J.Irregular Sampling and Frames, Academic Press, Boston, 445–507, (1992).Google Scholar
- Feichtinger, H. and Grochenig, K. Theory and practice of irregular sampling. Wavelets: mathematics and applications,Stud. Adv. Math., 305–363, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, (1994).Google Scholar
- Krein, S. and Pesenson, I.Interpolation Spaces and Approximation on Lie Groups, The Voronezh State University, Voronezh, (1990), (Russian).Google Scholar
- Lions, J.L. and Magenes, E.Non-Homogeneous Boundary Value Problem and Applications, Springer-Verlag, (1975).Google Scholar
- Pesenson, I. The best approximation in a representation space of a Lie group,Dokl. Acad. Nauk USSR,302(5), 1055–1059, (1988), English transl. inSoviet Math. Dokl.,38(2), 384–388, (1989).Google Scholar
- Pesenson, I. The Bernstein inequality in the space of representation of Lie group,Dokl. Acad. Nauk USSR,313, 86–90, (1990); English transl. inSoviet Math. Dokl.,42, (1991).Google Scholar
- Pesenson, I.Lagrangian Splines, Spectral Entire Functions and Shannon-Whittaker Theorem on Manifolds, Temple University, Research Report, 95-87, 1–28, (1995).Google Scholar
- Schoenberg, I. Cardinal spline interpolation,CBMS,12, SIAM, Philadelphia, (1973).Google Scholar