Numerical simulation of thermal discharge based on FVM method
- 76 Downloads
A two-dimensional numerical model is proposed to simulate the thermal discharge from a power plant in Jiangsu Province. The equations in the model consist of two-dimensional non-steady shallow water equations and thermal waste transport equations. Finite volume method (FVM) is used to discretize the shallow water equations, and flux difference splitting (FDS) scheme is applied. The calculated area with the same temperature increment shows the effect of thermal discharge on sea water. A comparison between simulated results and the experimental data shows good agreement. It indicates that this method can give high precision in the heat transfer simulation in coastal areas.
Key wordsnumerical simulation thermal discharge finite volume method (FVM) tidal waters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gu, J., and C. P. Kuang, 1996. A far-field numerical model for a jet pollution into tide flows.Ocean Eng., (1): 88–96 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Han, K., C. Z. Zhang, Y. F. Zhang, and C. Q. Song, 1998. Numerical simulation of warm water disposal in Sanya power plant.Mar. Environ. Sci.,17(2): 54–57. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Luo, B., and J. X. Zhu, 1996. Application of finite node method to hot water discharge in power plant.Electr. Power Surv.,1: 33–40 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ni, P. T., and W. Jiang, 2004. Study on the numerical simulation of cooling water disposal problems for the Sanbaimen Power Plant of Chaozhou.China Rural Water and Hydropower,5: 25–27 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Tan, W. Y., 1992.Shallow Water Hydrodynamics. Elsevier Oceanography Series, 55, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 183–229.Google Scholar
- The National Marine Data and Information Service, 2003.Tide Tables, Vol. 1:from the Yalu River Mouth to the Changjiang River Mouth. Shandong Cartographic Publishing House, Jinan, 343–357 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhao, D. H., F. X. Shen, Z. J. Yan, and G. H. Lu, 2004. A 2D sediment transport model based on the FVM with FDS for tidal rivers.J. Hydrodynamics, Ser. A.,19: 98–103 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zou, J. A., and M. S. Lin, 1998. Forecast model of thermal pollution with influence on the ocean water quality by the tide.Mar. Sci. Bull.,17(4): 55–62 (in Chinese).Google Scholar