QTL analysis of rice low temperature germinability
- 66 Downloads
A double haploid population, derived from anther culture of F1 hybrid between a typicalindica and ajaponica (ZYQ8/JX17), has been used to investigate the low temperature germinability (LTG) at 15°C. The low temperature germinability of two parents was significantly different. In 6–11 d, the germination percentage of ZYQ8 was higher than that of JX17. In 12–16 d, the germination percentage of JX17 was higher than that of ZYQ8. The quantitative trait loci (QTLs) of every day for low temperature germinability have been mapped based on a molecular linkage map constructed from this population. In 8–11 d, qLTG-9 was identified in C397B-RZ617B on chromosome 9, the additive effect was positive, showing that the allele from JX17 could increase low temperature germinability. In 12–16 d, qLTG-4 was mapped between RG908 and CT563 on chromosome 4, the additive effect was negative, showing that the allele from ZYQ8 could increase low temperature germinability. These two QTLs were detected at different stages, showing the complexity of the mechanism of low temperature germinability.
KeywordsIndica and japonica subspecies DH population low temperature germinability QTL detection dynamical analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fukuoka, R., Nishimura, M., Ogawa, T. et al., Introduction of low temperature germinability into palatabel cultivars of rice, Jpn J. Crop Sci., 68(2): 231.Google Scholar
- 2.Yan, C. J., Li, X., Cheng, Z. K. et al., Identification of QTL for cold tolerance at early seedling stage in rice (Oryza sativa L.), Chinese J. Rice Sci., 1999, 13(3): 134.Google Scholar
- 3.Qian, Q., Zeng, D. L., He, P. et al., QTL analysis of the rice seedling cold tolerance in a double haploid population derived from anther culture of a hybrid between indica and japonica rice, Chinese Science Bulletin, 1999, 44(22): 2402.Google Scholar
- 4.Zeng, Y. W., Ye, C. R., Shen, S. Q., Production of NILs and QTL analysis for cold tolerance in panicle period of rice (Oryza sativa L.), Scientia Agricultura Sinica, 2000, 33(4): 109.Google Scholar
- 5.Jin, R. Z., Study on appraisement and genetics of cold tolerance of rice in Japan, Rice Abstract, 1990, 9 (3): 1.Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Z. K., Pinson, S. K. M., Stanse, J. W., Park, W. D., Identification of quantitative trait loci (QTLs) for heading date and plant height in cultivated rice (Oryze sativa), Theor. Appl. Genet., 1995, 91: 374.Google Scholar
- 9.McCouch, S. R., Cho, Y. G., Yano, M. et al., Report on QTL nomenclature, Rice Genet Newsl, 1997, 14: 11.Google Scholar
- 10.He, P., Shen, L. S., Lu, C. D. et al., Genetic analysis and mapping the anther culture response genes in rice (Oryza sativa L.), Acta Gentica Sinica, 1998, 25(4): 337.Google Scholar