Drift analysis in studying the convergence and hitting times of evolutionary algorithms: An overview
- 35 Downloads
This paper introduces drift analysis approach in studying the convergence and hitting times of evolutionary algorithms. First the methodology of drift analysis is introduced, which links evolutionary algorithms with Markov chains or supermartingales. Then the drift conditions which guarantee the convergence of evolutionary algorithms are described. And next the drift conditions which are used to estimate the hitting times of evolutionary algorithms are presented. Finally an example is given to show how to analyse hitting times of EAs by drift analysis approach.
Key wordsevolutionary algorithms convergence hitting time drift analysis CLC number TP 301.5
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Back T, Fogel D B, Michalewicz Z.Handbook of Evolutionary Computation. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- Rudolph G.Convergence Properties of Evolutionary Algorithms. Hamburg: Kovavc, 1997.Google Scholar
- He J, Yao X. Drift Analysis for Time Complexity of Evolutionary Algorithms and Application in Fully Deceptive Problem.Chinese Journal of Software, 2001,12(12):1775–1783(Ch).Google Scholar
- He J, Kang Li S, Chen Y P. Convergence of Genetic Evolution Algorithms for Optimization.Parallel Algorithms and Applications, 1995,4(1):37–56.Google Scholar
- Beyer H G.The Theory of Evolutionary Strategies. Berlin: Springer, 2001.Google Scholar
- Chow Y S, Teicher T.Probability Theory: Indepedenece, Interchangeability and Martingales. New York: Sprnger-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar