The mechanism of seed deterioration
Seed deterioration is an irresistible physiological phenomenon. The aim to study seed deterioration is to see if seed deterioration can be retarded artificially and the higher seed vigor of fine varieties be maintained. The change of seed deterioration occurs in almost every system, and affects many kinds of enzyme and almost all organelle, as a result, the seed loses its vigor. The reason of seed deterioration and the lost of seed vigor are mainly studied and discussed in this paper. According to the external and internal two kinds of theory advanced by E. H. Roberts, Much deep discussions are made from the view of biochemistry.
Key WordsSeed deterioration Deterioration Loses of vigor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Roberts E.H etal 1972. Viability of seed. Syracuse University Press.Google Scholar
- 2.Roberts, E.H. 1961. Seed deterioration and the Loss of Viability. Seed 2. 86–91Google Scholar
- 3.Wang Aiguo 1982. Seed Aging and Deterioration and Biological Membrane National Symposium of Chinese Forestry Society on Forestry Seed Physiology.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou Deman, 1980. Seed Physiology Research Institute of Forestry. CAF (Research Publication).Google Scholar
- 5.Kramer p.I. and Kozlowski. T. T. 1979. Physiology of Woody Plants. Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- 6.Teaching and Research Section of Seed of Zhejiang Agricultural University, Brief Course of Seed. Agriculture Publishing House. 1980Google Scholar
- 7.Teaching and Research Section of Seed of Zhejiang Agricultural University, Brief Course of Seed Preservation. Agriculture Publishing House. 1980.Google Scholar