Some remarks on weakly compactly generated banach spaces
- 186 Downloads
A simple example is given of a non WCG space whose dual is a WCG space with an unconditional basis. It is proved that ifX* is WCG andX is a subspace of a WCG space thenX itself is WCG.
KeywordsBanach Space Smooth Banach Space Unconditional Basis Compact Hausdorff Space Density Character
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.W. J. Davis, T. Figiel, W. B. Johnson and A. Pelczynski,Factoring weakly compact operators, to appear.Google Scholar
- 3.R. C. James,A conjecture about l 1 subspaces, to appear.Google Scholar
- 5.K. John and V. Zizler,Projections in dual weakly compactly generated Banach spaces, to appear in Studia Math.Google Scholar
- 6.K. John and V. Zizler,Smoothness and its equivalents in weakly compactly generated Banach spaces, to appear in J. Functional Analysis.Google Scholar
- 7.W. B. Johnson and E. Odell,Subspaces of L p which embed into l p,Compositio Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Lindenstrauss and C. Stegall,On some examples of separable spaces whose duals are nonseparable but do not contain l 1, to appear.Google Scholar
- 11.H. P. Rosenthal,The heredity problem for weakly compactly generated Banach spaces, Compositio Math., to appear.Google Scholar
© The Weizmann Science Press 1974