Environmental evolution of Zoigê Basin since 900 kaB.P. and comparison study with Loess Plateau
- 57 Downloads
The Zoige Basin is located in the eastern margin of the Qinghai-Xizang Plateau, in which two cores, RH and RM, have been drilled, with the depths of 120 m and 310 m respectively. The former with the bottom age of 826 kaB. P. has been divided into 21 stages according to the multi-proxy analysis, which could be basically compared with the oxygen isotope record of deep-sea core. The palaeoclimatic and palaeoenvironmental process of the Zoigê Basin over the past 900 kaB. P. is reconstructed, and the comparison of core RH with the Luochuan Loess record is made.
KeywordsZoigê Basin environmental evolution comparison study Loess Plateau
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wang, S. M., Shi, Y. F., Xue, B.et al., Preliminary study on the palaeoclimate and palaeoenvironment evolution of the east of Qinghai-Xizang Plateau since 800 kaB. P., inFormation and Evolution, Environment Change and Ecological System of Qinghai-Xizang Plateau (In Chinre) (Qinghai-Xizang Project Committee), Beijing: Science Press, 1994, 236.Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, Y. F., Wang, S. M., Xue, B.et al., Sume sedimentary evidences of Yellow River pirating Zoig/^e palaeolake,Chinese Scirncr Bulletin, 1995, 40(8): 723.Google Scholar
- 6.Shackleton, N. J., Opdyke, N. D., Oxygen isotope and palaeomagnetic stratigraphy of Pacific core V28-239, Late Pliocene to latest Pleistocenr,Geological Society of American Memoirs, 1976, 145: 449.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, F. H., Zhang, W. S.,Loess Stratigraphy and Quaternary Glaciation of Gansu-Qinghai Region (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1993, 124.Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, G. X., Shen, Y. P., Zhang, P. Z.et al., Pollen record and its palaeoclimate significance between 800 and 150 kaB. P. from RH-core in Zoigê basin in Qinghai-Xizang (Tibet) Plateau,Acta Sedimentologica Sinica, 1994, 12(4): 101.Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, T. S.,Loess and the Environment (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1985, 340–350.Google Scholar
- 13.Shi, Y. F., Zhen, B. X., Li, S. J.et al., The age of maximum glaciation and environmental evolution of central-eastern Qinghai-Xizang Plateau,Glaciology and Cryopedology, 1995, 17(2): 97.Google Scholar
- 14.Fang, X. M., Li, J. J., Zhu, J. J.et al., A 30 million-year record of the calcite content of the Linxia basin and its climatic implications, inFormation and Evolution, Environment Change and Ecological System of Qinghai-Xizang Plateau (in Chinese) (Qinghai-Xizang Project Committee), Beijing: Science Press, 1994, 55.Google Scholar